DataPaq™ Handheld Tube Reader
The Ziath DataPaq™ Handheld reader is a truly portable scanner which can be held and operated in one hand; leaving the other free for tube handling.
- Compatible with all tubes
- Portable, independent and compact
- No external computer or tablet needed
Easy to Set-Up and Easy to Use
The handheld tube scanner requires no external computer and is easily operated with one hand; leaving the other hand free to manipulate tubes. The software is pre-loaded and boots up immediately with a battery life of up to a week with casual use. This device allows you to scan tubes standing in the basement at the freezer or liquid nitrogen tank. Even out in the field acquiring samples.
The scanner has four operation modes:
- Barcode Scanning - Scan a tube barcode to view it on the screen
- Picklist - Enter a picklist using the associated Client and scan the tubes with the handheld device to ensure you have the correct tubes while at the freezer
- Data View - Scan a barcode to see the details of the sampe in the tube
- Data Entry - Scan a barcode and enter the information on the same to store
To assist with the transfer of data on and off the handheld so that it can be used in environments with no computer network available the handheld comes with an associated client application to help define the data to store and load/unload it onto the handheld. This allows you to go into the deepest darkest corners of your sample storage and still be able to access your data!